Sunday, December 16, 2007

How many of you love camps?



Hello! xD

Yes, I’m back after a smashing good time at Singapore Sports School! If you have read my previous post, you will find out that this camp at SSS is my church biannual camp held twice a year! And its called…The X29 - It’s our Chapter! Hmmm…. Why X29? Cos in the bible , in the book of ACTS , it only ends at chapter 28 ! so in this camp , we gotta this mission to do our own chapter , the X29 ! ( A.K.A - Acts 29) … Got it?? Hehe… ;)

Haha… can you describe what’s the main difference between church camp and a school camp? Well to me, church camp is lot more interesting and fun-filled in every day and every night of me! And have that when we play, we rock the place upside down, but when we listen, we put our ears in it! When we want noise, we create noise for you! But when we want silence, it can be a silent … very silent.

This X29 camp has really touched my live so so much! God has spoken to me in worshipping sessions and teachings, God has taught me many life values that I can bring back to my sheeps, God has moved me so much that I cried (publicly), God has stirred so much during this camp… Amen!

I remembered days leading to the camp I was really very very busy with ministry..my other brothers and sisters had like already 5 camps each , and me?! Only two!! Sad me… haha… previous one was at OBS .. … Monday, Wednesday & Friday had WFL , Wednesday had CG , Thursday had Shepherding , and Saturday had West Harvesters ! But I really wanna thank all people who help me “organized my week” for me , that is that each and every event involve God - so never a time will I feel lonely

Well X29 ! - Why? Okay if you are a Christian , X29 will mean Acts 29 in the bible , so since Acts only ended in chapter 28 , we gotta that mission to write our new chapter ! - X29 : Its our new chapter !

4D3N for $120 … worth it?? Haha… its really worth it with all of the things added all up together, plus facilities and accommodation, food, environment, I believe $120 is a small sum of money the church REALLY PUT IT MUCH MORE THAN $120 - so … we should not dread about the price yeah?

In this camp I also learnt a lot of values such as teamwork and unity, lots of lots of love from our dear people … one example I wanna share is that during the first day of camp was games , so there were games like Captain’s Ball and Hockey - sticks done ourselves ( btw wanna thank my shepherd Yunian for staying up till 7pm after shepherding just doing it for me ! Love ya!) So one of the hockey games I was called to play - representing the whole unit of West

So , okay , I went down with nervousness… I mean duh ( who never had it)… got the rules cleared and game started ! Few minutes after start-off , that time was really really not easy defending against one of the other districts… and I was really really thirsty… Few minutes later I saw my WHOLE WEST UNIT come down , right from the seating gallery to the playing field ! That time I was really very touched , no matter whether people who came down and supported us knew me or the other of the other of the teammates , what their simple action - of coming down and supporting down - just having their presence in me , scored 100% in teamwork. Nothing else. Thanks WEST and thanks people to Dewen , Christine , Yunian for coming up with the cheer !

I really had too much fun …. Just simply too much… one main thing was that I really love our PRAISE & WORSHIP ! Yup ! the songs are terribly great , the meaning in them are wonderfully awesome ! and after every teaching , our worship and praise can be so spirit-led that we don’t mind overshooting it ! like one example we had this P&W “concert” all the way until 1:30am , WITH PEOPLE ASKING FOR MORE! Really so so cool…

Well I felt God spoke to me tremendously over this four days… he really stirred my heart so much that one time of the camp.. I think the last 2 nights , while we sang “I love my family of God” , I really cried all out - God had indeed placed my in a wonderful family of God - children of God where we listen to God’s word and play in God’s presence - like during PRIASE ! that time I really remembered how much my whole CG and unit supported me all the way - my CG respected me , and my whole UNIT came down just to support me during the Games. Thanks, my dear people.

Well during this camp , haiz…. It really ended so fast.. !! 4D3N is so fast… haha… but I’m glad that during this camp , I really learnt lots of things - making friends , treasuring love for one another , the value of love , the importance of respecting one another… and also knowing how much God loves you !

Just wanna give the best kudos to the many people who really taught me the word of God -the brothers , the pastors , my leaders… thanks ! Still remembered on the last night Christine had DMM at 4am after resonance and Dewen met the guys at 2:30am… persevering leaders never fail to get committed followers… amen…

So let me end this post with another quote:

( Kudos to all people) :

Today's Inspirational Quote:

"An inexhaustible good nature is one of the most precious
gifts of heaven, spreading itself like oil over the troubled
sea of thought, and keeping the mind smooth and equable in the
roughest weather."

No comments: