Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I had a special Christmas! Did you?



Hello!! And Merry Christmas to you and all readers!! haha.. this day is one which I really anticipate after converting into Christ since August… all because today is the day which Jesus Christ was born! Yes ! To many Christians and new-believers , Merry Christmas to you and your family and may God bless you tremendously in every area of your life!

Today is also a day where I had the BEST Christmas so far !! Remembering last year , Christmas to me was nothing , because I did not find any significance in celebrating it… duh?? But now Christmas is one which every Christian in the world , male or female MUST celebrate for the born of Christ ! Cos Christmas is made up of the word “Christ” ! But to me in the Eugene’s version , Christmas = Christ + Mas where Mas = Massive ( e.g. massive event worth celebrating for!) Amen !

Well this year Christmas started special. Not because I did it , but because the WEST family did it !! haha… thanks to the people who planned this ! You guys are great ! We had Christmas Caroling ! It simply means carol = singing ! Yes ! We planned for Caroling to be done on Christmas Eve , and its really worth it much more than I thought ! haha… cos this was my first time caroling , I had doubts like “What are we gonna do all while?” but it was really done so great ! cos we wanna live up the name of Jesus Christ !



The whole West folks met and we exchanged prezzies at Kaien house…his house is worth storing up to 30-40 people at one time… we fellowship , made friends , gift exchanges and we also did a surprise celebration for our DL , Dewen !! Haha… happy bade Dewen !

We rehearsed 3 carols and I can say my group’s a bunch of great singers !! haha…. Btw thanks to Keith , our guitarist.. we started off at about 8:30pm and ended at around 10pm …yeah… we went to about 5 houses I think… and they are really big houses… terraces… although we may face couple of rejections , but as u know , our happiness at the end of the day overtook the sadness of our rejections !! it was really very very great…. We moved from house-to-house and still I don’t understand is that ALMOST EVERY APARTMENT OWNS A DOG !! hey, and they’re really sometimes huge in size… so we cracked jokes like , “ Are we caroling or visiting the Zoo?” haha!

The residents of some apartments which we caroled in were really very hospitable people ! I think almost two of our houses we went , the residents were with great hospitality that they treated to us drinks and food !! ( cos as it was the Eve of Christmas , majority of the houses we went into were either having family reunion dinner or BBQ) and furthermore terraces are HUGE…so they allowed us to enter to carol for them…

So actually after we caroled , the residents told us to stay for drinks and some fruits… and food ! haha.. one very special visit , the family had just coincidentally perhaps ended their BBQ , so I guessed they had many unfinished food.. so they told us to stay and eat !! haha… it was really so so good… food like Satay , Prawns , Chicken Wings , Sausages were treated !! haha I believed God rewarded us with this treat after knowing how hard we worked..

Some residents asked about our church and one of them even knew our Pastor !! and if I’m not wrong she even said that she would write to Pastor Jeff complimenting about our visit !

Haha… to end off , folks , TRUE CHRISTMAS IS :

“ MAKING OTHERS HAVE A BETTER CHRISTMAS”

Simple.

No gifts , no matter how expensive , can replace the true happiness of a real Christmas.

No comments: